St Peter's, Birchall Street, began with a temporary church which was reportedly founded in 1874, though the registers suggest an earlier date, beginning in 1873. A new building was erected in 1890, with the duties being shared between the rector of Warrington and the vicar of St Paul's.
The church was closed in March 1978 and demolished in April 1980.
'Townships: Warrington', A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 3 (1907), pp. 316-324.Church of England website.