in the Parish of Treales
Christ Church, Treales, for the worship of the Church of England, was built in 1855 by the late Lord Derby. The vicar of Kirkham is patron. A separate ecclesiastical parish was constituted in 1858; information of the vicar. See A. Hewitson, Our Country Churches, 365, where is also an account of the Primitive Methodist Meetings, 369–72.
The Church is located at SD 444345
this image is copyright Alexander P Kapp
we appreciate the opportunity to use this image
Treales is a township-chapelry in the parish of Kirkham. It was consecrated as a chapel of ease to the mother church of Kirkham 15 February 1855 and was created a distinct benefice on or about 6 May 1858. All baptisms before 10 June 1858 are entered in register of the parish church of Kirkham.
From: 'Townships: Treales, Roseacre and Wharles', A History of the County of Lancaster: Volume 7 (1912), pp. 178-179. URL: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report.aspx?compid=53214. Date accessed: 24 July 2008.