The Church, dedicated to St. Anne, was erected in 1799, and repaired in 1344, and in 1867 the church was reseated. It contains 700 sittings, all of which are free. The benefice is a vicarage, of the annual value of £200, in the patronage of the rector of Bury, and held by the Rev. Samuel Gideon Frederick Perry, M.A. The population of the parish in 1871 was 5,346.