Trafford Park, St John & Barton, All Saints
The mission was founded in 1792 from the de Trafford Chaplaincy. A new chapel was opened in Trafford Park in 1805 under the title of St John’s at the Hall. This was replaced in 1818 by a second chapel on Redclyffe Road and the mission was rededicated to All Saints. This chapel remained in use until 1867, when at the cost of Sir Humphrey de Trafford the current church was opened at Barton Bridge. From 1960, All Saints church was served from The Holy Cross, Patricroft and the Parish was closed in 1961; the church was subsequently closed up and stood empty for some years before being taken over by Franciscans. Early registers are at LCRO, later registers are at the Holy Cross, Patricroft.
Photograph courtesy of Trafford Local Studies