Bacup Cemetery on Brunswick Terrace opened in April 1862, and to date more than 40,000 interments have been carried out within the 17 acre grounds. Further expansion land is available to the south of the cemetery as and when required.
Bacup is the oldest of the Council's cemeteries. Before the cemetery opened in 1862 most burials took place in churchyards. St Nicholas's at Newchurch being one of the earliest for burials in the Rossendale area.
Information and map kindly provided by Leigh Hargreaves Bereavement Office Rossendale Borough Council. For more information, please send an email using this link.