Photograph supplied by and © of Mike Berrell
Whitworth Cemetery is located on Edward Street and was opened for burials in 1879. The site caters for Church of England, Catholic and Non Conformist burials. It also has a refurbished chapel which can seat around 48 people.
The dedicated garden of remembrance offers an alternative site for the burial of cremated remains in addition to the traditional grave.
Information and map kindly provided by Leigh Hargreaves Bereavement Office Rossendale Borough Council. For more information, please send an email using this link.