Photograph supplied by and © of Mike Berrell
Situated in Yorkshire Street it was built 1820 and consecrated 1821. 1844 assigned a separate parish.
Gothic building of stone with a square tower containing four dials originally illuminated by gas. The clock was a great public utility and for that reason the gas was paid for by the Town Council. The church was surrounded by iron palisading which also contained a burial ground.
In 1975 it became the Ukrainian Catholic church of St James and St Mary.