Lowerfold United Methodist Free Church
The Church building was opened in 1870 and closed in 1972 and has since been demolished. It stood at the corner of Judith Street and Shawclough Road
In 1907 the United Methodist Free Church merged with the Methodist New Connexion and the Bible Christians to form the United Methodist Church. In 1932 the United Methodists joined with the Wesleyan Methodists and the Primitive Methodists to form the Methodist Church of Great Britain.
Registers run from 1857 to 1972. The original registers for this Church are available to view at the Local Studies Centre at Touchstones Rochdale : see www.link4life.org
Photograph by kind permission and © of Local Studies, Rochdale Arts and Heritage Service