Photograph supplied by and © of Mike Berrell
The Particular Baptist came about by a few people leaving Town Meadows Chapel about 1807.
At first they met in Greenwood’s School Room in Drake Street and invited Mr John Warburton to become their minister. They commenced building Hope Chapel in 1810.
In 1848 the chapel was enlarged at a cost of £900 and in 1855 a large school room was built.