Built in 1703 the Unitarian Chapel at Rivington overlooks the village green. The land on which it was built was sold to the Trustees by John Andrews Esq for £2-10s-0d. From about 1795 local children were taught basic reading, writing and arithmetic in the Chapel Sunday School which still has its original interior.
The Ministers house, or Manse, was built in 1787 and is situated close to the Chapel on Sheephouse Lane. It is now a private house. The last resident minister was Samuel Thompson (1881 to 1909) The money from the sale of the house was used in the creation of the Garden of Remembrance.
The Garden of Remembrance, created in 1970, is behind the schoolroom. It was started because there was no space left for new graves in the Chapel yard. It is a walled garden where relatives could use the niches in the wall or have names and dates inscribed.