PLEASINGTON, a township in Blackburn parish, Lancashire; on the river Darwen, and on the East Lancashire railway, 3 miles W by S of Blackburn. It has a station on the railway; a Roman Catholic chapel, built in 1819, at a cost of more than £20,000; and an endowed school, with £10 a year. Acres, 1, 600. Real property, £3, 414; of which £155 are in quarries. The manor, with P. Hall, belongs to J. B. Bowden, Esq. P. Hall is a modern mansion in the Grecian style. P. Old Hall was built in 1587, and was a fine mansion, but is now a farm-house. Feniscowles Hall is the seat of Sir W. H. Feilden, Bart.
John Marius Wilson, Imperial Gazetteer of England and Wales (1870-72)