PILLING, Lancashire, England, a village and a township-chapelry in Garstang parish, Lancashire. This village stands near Lancaster Bay, 6-1/2 mils W. of Scorton r. station, and 6-1/2 miles NW by W of Garstang, and has a post office under Preston.
The Chapelry occupies 8,017 acres. Real property, £6.850. Pop. In 1851, 1,281; in 1861, 1,388. Houses, 234. Much of the land is peat moss; and large quantities of turf are cut.
The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Manchester. Value, £124. Patrons, E. Hornby and J. Gardner, Esqs. The church was rebuilt in 1735. There are a Wesleyan Chapel and a slightly endowed national school.
From: Gazetteer and Directory of England.
Entered here 16 June 2005 by Lynn Ransom Burton.