The most significant settlement outside the main nucleated settlement of Padiham but within the later urban area is probably the Green or Padiham Green. This is situated to the south of the River Calder, originally within the township of Hapton.
On July 16th 1871 the foundation stones of a church and schools at Padiham Green were laid. The inaugural services of St Annes and St Elizabeth church took place on 8th Jan 1881. The church was sold in 2003.
There is only one register for this Church, Baptisms 1985-2003. All other events are recorded in the registers of St Leonards, Padiham.