Immanuel Church, an edifice of stone in the Gothic style, consisting of chancel, nave, transept and an embattled western tower with pinnacles, containing 6 bells: the stained east window is a memorial to Mr. & Mrs. Reddish, of Knuzden Hall: there is also a monument to the late Henry Halstead esq. of Stanhill, opened in New Lane, built on land donated by Sir Robert Peel.
The church was constructed in 1836-7 and was enlarged in 1866-7 by the addition of a chancel and transepts, at a cost of £1,683 and in 1887 the interior was reseated with open benches, at a cost of £490: It is a listed building (listed grade II) and is constructed from coursed squared sandstone with a slate roof. The character area also incorporates a large graveyard and a vicarage. The graveyard has been extended since 1893.