Photograph supplied by and © of Mike Berrell
The Parish of Coldhurst is to the north of Oldham town centre. The church was founded in 1844 and consecrated by the Right Reverend James Prince Lee, D.D., the first Bishop of Manchester on February 12th 1848. It is built of stone in the Gothic style, and as the stone and building plot were donated, the only initial costs were for labour. Holy Trinity church contains one of the earliest examples of Robert Thompson of Kilburn’s 'Mouseman' carvings.