St Mark, Clowes St
Photograph by kind permission of
Manchester Archives and Local Studies
and © of Manchester City Council
St Mark’s Church was consecrated on 30 November 1865. In 1968 the parish united with All Saints to become the Parish of St Mark with All Saints, St Mark becoming the parish church of the united benefice.
In the 19th century, the “St Marks of West Gorton Football Club” was formed, later to be known as the world renowned Manchester City FC.