St Bartholomew, Naylor Street, Vauxhall
1841 – 1929
Built at a cost of £4000 raised by subscription, St. Bartholomew's Church was consecrated on the 9th February 1841, although the first entry in the baptism register did not occur until the 25th April 1841.1
The building was described as a handsome, neat stone edifice built in the early English style with a hexagonal tower and spire. The living was presented by Five Trustees with an income of £200.2
In 1923 the parish of St. Bartholomew was merged with that of All Souls. The last service in the church was held on the 17th March 1929 after which the parish was combined with St. Alban's, Bevington to form the new parish of St. Alban with St. Bartholomew. The church building was demolished after its closure and a hall for the new parish built on the site.1
1. Liverpool Record Office: Ref: 283 BAR
2. From: 'Littlethorpe - Liverpool', A Topographical Dictionary of England (1848), pp. 104-118: http://www.british-history.ac.uk/report. Date accessed: 03 May 2009.