St Anthony's Roman Catholic Church
Liverpool L5 5BD
The Parish was founded in 1804. In 1806, a French Chapel was built on the corner of Dryden Street and Scotland Road by the Reverend Jean Gerardot, an emigré from the French Revolution of 1789. Gerardot died in 1826, but his ministry was so successful that, by the late 1820s, a larger church was needed. The church of St Anthony's, Scotland Road, was built in 1833 and designed by John Broadbent. At St Anthony's, Broadbent built a simple if not severe church with Early English buttresses and lancet windows and a surprisingly large interior.
Baptism Registers started in 1804 Marriage Register started in 1837.
Early registers have been deposited at the Liverpool Record Office.
|Repository:||Liverpool Record Office|
|Ref No||282 ANT|
|Baptisms||1804 - 1913|
|Marriages||1804 - 1913|
|Burials||1859 - 1894|
|Confirmation||1833 - 1875|