All Souls Eaton St, Vauxhall
All Souls parish was established around 1853, as the newly formed Parish Church of Vauxhall. Earlier services where held in a licensed school room. The Foundation Stone of the church was laid on 1st August 1854 but the Church was not opened until 1856.
The church was closed in 1923 under the provision of the 'Liverpool and Wigan Churches Act. 1904. The last service being held on 6 May. The parish was merged with that of St. Bartholomew's, whilst a new church bearing the name All Souls was built at Springwood. The new church was consecrated on 21 May 1927.
The Church was located near the Leeds Liverpool Canal, the parish records contain baptisms of children of the Boatmen that worked on the Canal network.
Original Parish Records are held at the Liverpool Record Office Repository.
|Repository:||Liverpool Record Office|
|Ref No||283 ALL|
|Baptisms||1853 - 1923|
|Marriages||1856 - 1923|
|Other||1903 - 1939|