St Polycarp Netherfield Road North, Everton
1883 - 1974
According to Nikolous Pevsner’s ‘Buildings of England’ (Lancs) The Church was built of “common brick and red brick, short and without a visible chancel. The interior to one’s surprise is faced with white glazed bricks and some coloured brickwork”.
The Church was consecrated on 21 June 1886 by the Right Rev. J.C. Ryle, D.D., Bishop of Liverpool. The parish, which is the smallest in area in Liverpool, was originally part of the parish of Christ Church, Everton.
In 1974 the benefices and parishes of St Ambrose with St Timothy, St Polycarp and Holy Trinity were united to form the new benefice and parish of St Peter, Everton.
|Repository:||Liverpool Record Office|
|Ref No||283 POL|
|Accession No||2721, 4336|