The foundation stone was laid on New Year’s Day in 1895 in the presence of the Lord Bishop of Liverpool. The Church was built with the money from the sale of the site of St Barnabas’s Church in Upper Parliament Street. The money was used to erect the new church in Anfield on a site covering 2000 sq yards. The church was pulled down, being removed stone by stone and transported across the city to help with the building of St Simon and St Judes. The old organ was transported and used in the new church.
The church was demolished 1983.