Little Hulton and Walkden are adjacent to each other with no obvious dividing features. Confusingly, the area known as Walkden Moor was actually within the boundaries of Little Hulton.
Little Hulton itself lies along the A6 between Walkden and Westhoughton. It now forms part of the city of Salford but formerly was considered to be in Bolton registration district. The ancient Church for the area was Deane St Mary’s but baptisms and burials took place at Peel Chapel from about 1760. Early records are in the register for Leigh St Mary’s. The Church of St Paul’s was built adjacent to Peel Chapel and was consecrated in 1876.
There is a large graveyard surrounding St Paul’s Church with many memorials in good condition.
St John the Baptist, Little Hulton, lies on Hill Top Road. Baptisms began here in 1861 and marriages commenced in 1876.