Photograph supplied by and © of Brian Young
With the advent of the railway and the growth in population, the centre of population shifted to become concentrated around the railway and the new station. To support this growth and shift, a new church was built, also dedicated to St Leonard, and was consecrated in 1880. This Church is now the principle establishment for Langho, though it is unclear exactly when that transition occurred. It is possible that there was a gradual transition in the early years of the new building and it is thought that it was complete in the early 1900s, a date of 1906 has been tentatively suggested.
St Leonard, Langho was originally a chapelry of St Mary the Virgin, Blackburn, and copies of some of its early registers were also maintained by that church.