click to return to 
Haughton Home & Contents

The Parish of Haughton
in the County of
-- Lancashire --

click to return to Lancashire Home
Mill Lane, Haughton Mill Lane, Haughton
Photograph by kind permission and © of Tameside Local Studies & Archives, 2011

Haughton was originally a township within Lancashire but it ceased to exist in 1884 when it became incorporated within Denton.

Gibraltar Lane, Haughton
Gibraltar Lane, Haughton

© Copyright Gerald England and
licensed for reuse under this
Creative Commons Licence Creative Commons Licence [Some Rights Reserved]

Haughton Green, originally a farming area, is the only named remnant of the ancient town. It was developed in the early 1960’s as a large overspill estate when Manchester enforced a massive ‘slum’ clearance of the inner city area.

Walker's Farm, Haughton Green Walker's Farm, Haughton Green
Photograph by kind permission and © of
Tameside Local Studies & Archives, 2011
Haughton Home & Contents ©Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks

Lancashire Home