A chapelry in that part of the parish of Lancaster which is in the hundred of Lonsdale, south of the sands, county palatine of Lancaster, 7-1/2 miles (N.E.) from Lancaster, containing 201 inhabitants.
The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry of Richmond, and diocese of Chester, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Vicar of Lancaster.
From: A Topographical Dictionary of England, by Samuel Lewis, Vol. 2, London, 1831, page 262.
Entered here 2 September 2004 by Lynn Ransom Burton.