Edgworth Independent Chapel
The Chapel Was located on Horrocks Road, Edgworth about OS Grid Reference - SD 738168
On 6 April 1837, John Winder, for upward of 30 years the Minister of The Independent Chapel at Edgworth in the parish of Bolton le Moors, completed a questionnaire for the ‘Commissioners for enquiring into the State, Custody and Authenticity of Non-parochial Registers’. He stated that the congregation dated from about 1800, but the chapel was built in 1822, and he named James Barlow, Willm. Barlow, James Winder and John Bentley as Trustees.
With respect to the registers he stated that he alone had been in possession of the sole baptism register from 1807 to 1837. The baptism and birth records presented here have been extracted from an LDS film of that register, now housed in the Public Record Office London.
The pages of the register were originally partially numbered from 1-40 (1807 through mid-1826) but were also stamped when archived (two leaves per page): these are the page numbers referred to here (pages 5-53).