The church of Holy Trinity dates from Tudor times although it is believed an older church existed on the same site. It was consecrated in 1578 and re-built about 1600. It was restored in 1890.
Today, Colton is best described as a hamlet, consisting of a few farms and houses. The village of Oxen Park is also within its boundary.