Bank St, Bury
This was originally an Independent chapel. About 1790 the congregation split into Unitarian and Trinitarian parts.
The Unitarians kept this chapel and the Trinitarians built a Congregational chapel at New Road.
The Unitarian group were known as Presbyterians for a short time and then became known as the Unitarian Chapel.
There have been four churches on various parts of the present site. There was a graveyard which was closed on public health grounds around 1855 and a Unitarian Cemetery was opened at Holebottom on the east side of the town. This closed in the 1970s.