click to return to 
Burnley Home & Contents

The District of Lane Head, Burnley
in the County of
-- Lancashire --

click to return to Lancashire Home

Churches in the District of Lane Head

Roman Catholic

  1. St John the Baptist, Bracewell Street, Lane Head, BB10 1UN
    St John the Baptist is located at OS Grid Reference - SD 849345
    Founded: 1892

Baptist/Methodist

  1. Briercliffe Road Baptist/Methodist Church, Briercliffe Road, Lane Head, BB10 3DX
    Briercliffe Road Baptist/Methodist Church is located at OS Grid Reference - SD 850343
    Founded: 2001
    1996 Formed by the merger of Colne Rd Methodist and Elim Methodist to become United Methodists
    2001 Church built on the site of the former Elim Methodist at the corner of Melville St and Briercliffe Rd, and amalgamated with Towneley Methodist Brooklands Road
    2008 They merged with Burnley Lane Baptist Church

Methodist

  1. Colne Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel, Colne Road, Lane Head, BB10 1LJ
    Colne Road Wesleyan Methodist Chapel is located at OS Grid Reference - SD 844335
    Founded: 1863 Closed: 1996
    1872 School/chapel built on Colne Road
    1879 Chapel built on the adjoining Bank Hall estate
    1960 merged with Hanover Methodists
    1966 School room converted to new permanent chapel
    1966 Merged with Elim Methodist and Brunshaw Methodist
    1999 Colne Road Methodist Church demolished
    2001 New church built on the site of the Elim Methodist at the junction of Briercliffe Rd and Melville St

  2. Elim Primitive Methodist Chapel, Briercliffe Road, Lane Head, BB10 3DX
    Elim Primitive Methodist Chapel is located at OS Grid Reference - SD 850343
    Founded: 1858 Closed: 1996
    1858 Meetings began in a cottage at Reedly Lodge
    1867 Chapel built at Lane Head and called Lane Head Chapel
    1893 Elim Primitive Methodist Chapel built at the corner of Briercliffe Rd and Melville St
    1995 Church closed and amalgamated with Colne Road Methodists

Swedenborgian

  1. New Jerusalem Church, Briercliffe Road, Lane Head, BB10 3BP
    New Jerusalem Church is located at OS Grid Reference - SD 848340
    Founded: 1849
    First services held in the Finsley Gate district
    1888 Iron church built in Briercliffe Road
    1905 Brick church built on same site
    1989 Church had to be demolished. 1990 a new church was built overlooking Thursby Gardens

Burnley Home & Contents ©Lancashire OnLine Parish Clerks Lancashire Home