Blackrod is about 5 miles northeast of Wigan and has some 13,000 residents today. Today, Blackrod is part of the metropolitan borough of Bolton. Blackrod has the lowest population density in the borough (about 500 per sq. km.)
Blackrod is a chapelry in the Parish of Bolton le Moors which is in the Salford Hundred.
St. Katharine's dates from 1338 and is of Norman design although the building was enlarged in 1776 and other additions made over the years.
ONLINE PARISH CLERK PROJECT
This web page is devoted to the Online Parish Clerk Project. As time allows resources will be added to the site to allow self search. In the meantime, the links on the left will provide pages listing the location of existing resources.