The following is extracted from "History of Blackburn" by Wm Alexander Abram, published in 1877
This Church was built by subscription in 1791, but the then Vicar of Blackburn refusing to certify for consecration, the trustees of the Church placed it under the Countess of Huntingdon’s Connexion, and it was served by a minister of that Conncxion until 1829, when the Church was consecrated, Dec. 20th, and the minister (Rev. John Price) admitted to Priest’s orders in the Church of England in 1830. The Church is a very plain structure, consisting of a nave, low tower, and a chancel added in 1867. The interior is galleried on three sides, the organ standing in the west gallery. The Church has recently been much improved internally.
Sittings 926. Patron : The Vicar of Blackburn. Value of Living £300. Present Vicar, Rev. W. Thompson, M. A. Former Incumbents : Rev. Samuel Dean (1792 - 1799) : Rev. John Price (1799 - 1841) : Rev. A. G. Edouart (1841 - 1850) ; Rev. H. W. Map church (1850 - 1870) ; Rev. W. Mayor.